Selected Pyrotechnic Publications of Dr. Takeo Shimizu,
Part 1 (1985 to 1994) from the International Pyrotechnic Seminars
This book [ISBN 1-889526-08-8] is 86 pages in length, 8-1/2 x 11″ format with medium print. The articles, which originally appeared in the various Proceedings of the International Pyrotechnics Seminars, have been reformatted into Journal of Pyrotechnics style. Many of the figures have been improved. Hopefully, the scientific information presented in these papers will prove to be useful to the reader.
Excerpt of a review by Larry Homan.
List of Contents [Click on a link to see the abstract for the article and option to download individual article.]
- Hypothesis on the Cause of Serious Accidents Related to Salutes Charges
Proceedings of the 10th International Pyrotechnic Seminar, July 1985.
- A Concept and the Use of Negative Explosives
Proceedings of the 11th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, July 1986.
- Ballistics of Firework Shells
Proceedings of the 13th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, July 1988.
- An Example of Negative Explosives:
Magnesium Sulfate/Magnesium Mixture
Proceedings of the 15th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, July 1990.
- The Effect of Hot Spots on Burning Surface and Its Application to Strobe Light Formation with Mixtures Which Contain No Ammonium Perchlorate
Proceedings of the 16th International Pyrotechnic Seminar, June 1991.
- The Surface Explosion of Pyrotechnic Mixtures
Proceedings of the 18th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, July 1992.
- Stabilizing Firework Compositions
I. Minimum Solubility Law to Foresee the Degeneration
II. A New Chemical Method of Magnesium Coating
Proceedings of the 19th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, Feb. 1994.
- Burning Rate and Grain Size of Component Materials of Pyrotechnic Mixtures
Proceedings of the 20th International Pyrotechnics Seminar, July 1994.