Selected Pyrotechnic Publications of Dr. Takeo Shimizu,
Part 4. The Design Criteria for Chrysanthemum Shells
The cover price is US $40.00
This volume contains is a translation of Dr. Takeo Shimizu’s 1955 PhD thesis concerning the many technical aspects of designing chrysanthemum shells. The thesis was translated from Japanese to English by Dr. Shimizu. The book contains about 140 pages of text and 20 pages of data tables that have been formatted as a 2-column, 8½×11″ format. [ISBN 1-889526-14-2].
A reveiw by Jack Drewes of this book appeared in Fireworks Business, December, 2003.
The book is organized into 8 chapters:
- Basic chrysanthemum construction.
- Design problems.
- Pre-calculations and preparation for experiments.
- Burst charge experiments.
- Star velocity formulas.
- Ballistic tables for moving stars.
- Comparison of calculated and experimental ballistics.